Saturday, June 26, 2010

The Summer and last weeks of pregnancy

Well, a lot has happened since our last post. Two days after my baby shower, I went into pre-term labor. I was admitted to the hospital to stop the labor and for monitoring. Thankfully, everything was fine and I left the hospital with orders to be on strict bedrest for the week.

On May 29, 2010, White-Spunner gave us a baby shower. It was so sweet and I can't express enough appreciation to the girls who put it together. The ladies and I had a great time. I think the men came just for the food! (Of course, I had to get permission from the doctor to attend.)



Memorial Day Weekend, one of my best friends, Dr. Erin Gilmore, now Erin Bhatia, was married at the Beach Club at Fort Morgan. I was a pregnant bridesmaid (29 weeks), but didn't care because she is such a special friend to me! We had a great time at the shower, spa day, rehearsal, and wedding. I just wished I could have done more. I was still on bedrest and had to promise the doctor I would sit the majority of the time. I was just relieved he let me go!

This picture was taken at the rehearsal. Erin and most everyone else was dressed in Saris.
Preggo Bridesmaid!

All of the lovely bridesmaids with the gorgeous bride.

On a different note - As most of my famiy knows, Brandon and I do not have a green thumb. We are trying though! One day, I came home with tomato plants and Topsy Turveys. I thought we'd just see what happened. Believe me, we were just as shocked as you are to see actual tomatoes growing in our back yard! We were so proud, that we had to take pictures. This one could definitely be an add for Topsy Turvey.
June 3, 2010 we celebrated our 4th wedding anniversary (30 weeks pregnant). My, how time has flown! Brandon and I met almost 9 years ago in Auburn. At that time I never would have thought that we'd be celebrating 4 years of marriage pregnant with our son and daughter! I am very blessed to have such a wonderful and loving husband. I am so excited about our future together with Caroline and Jack. God is good!

We celebrated "our last evening out" by having dinner at the Wash House. Yum is all I have to say. For those of you wondering, I was still pretty much on bedrest and limited activity at this point. You can see how well I handle bed rest. :)


Brandon COMPLETELY surprised me with this gorgeous ring on our anniversary. It was not necessarily an anniversary gift, but just something that he wanted to give me before our babies were born.
The ring has 2 diamonds which represent each one of our babies. The top diamond is from my mom's engagement ring from my dad. I had no idea he was getting this made. I didn't even notice my mom's diamond was missing from my jewlery box. I love it!


Below is just a small glimpse of how beautiful our hydrangea plants are this year. The green thumb is making an appearance in our household! Finally!




I am 31 weeks in this picture trying to enjoy some sunshine despite the 95 degree heat. Brandon thought it was hilarious that Chance and I were looking in the same direction.





My 29th Birthday.....one more year til the big "3-0." Because I was STILL on bedrest, mom had just close family over for pizza and cake. I got to sit in the recliner and do nothing the entire time. Sitting in bed all day on your birthday is not the greatest, but I kept reminding myself that I have two wonderful gifts on their way.
Above - The sister and me
Below - my yummy cake from Mom and Glenn. I was 32 weeks pregnant on my 29th birtday.

I had to add one last picture... Madeline, my current baby. She is going to be soo jealous of the babies! She already jumps in the cribs every day. She has kept me company since bedrest, though. I love this cat!

We are expecting the twins to arrive in the next week to 2 weeks. Therefore, my next post may be of the babies!





















































No comments:

Post a Comment